November 07, 2008

2008 Ballet Concert Rehearsal

Actual date: 28th March 2008
Taken from my ballet journal ^^

10 years ago, I had my first ballet concert at Taman Budaya.
I enjoyed it very much, and was anticipating the next concert to come.
I guess you could say that it was after that day that I found my passion for performing.

But 'next time' never came.
5 years passed, and still no event of any sort.
7 years came and went, still nothing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that well, finally, the time has come.
10 years into my first ballet concert, we are finally going to do another.
And again, it would be with Khoo Academy.
*Insert silent squee here*

I was 10 years old when I participated in that concert 10 years ago, and I'm 20 now.
Wow.
I feel old. >__>

The concert will be held for 2 days, March 29th and 30th.
And I'll be doing 3 dances.
Meep.

Anyways, on to the rehearsal..

You know when you've had one of those really long days that all you wanna do when you get back is have your dinner, shower, and go straight to bed?
Well, it's one of those days for me.
And what a day it was! *phew*

It was the day before the Saturday performance, and we're having a full dress rehearsal, complete with makeup, but minus the wardrobe change.
As was usual, we practised first without the orchestra (they would be coming later).
We had to be there from 6pm-Godknowswhattime.
Seriously.
The first practise last week ended up finishing an hour late.

One thing I learnt today though, is that when you're tired, sleepy, and hungry all at the same time, God seems to have a sense of humour.

When the orchestra arrived, Mr Khoo suggested that we go through the program accordingly (not that it's bad, though).
So, we did.
Then came Mazurka De Salon.
As the lights dimmed, we went on stage and got in our positions.
Then, the pianist started playing.
And the music was probably 2 times faster.
(I don't blame her though, it's only her 2nd time playing the piece.)

As our dance finished, we went backstage, panting, only to have Mr Gino call us out to do it again again.
Only this time, he stood next to the pianist to guide her through the tempo.
Yes, we were tired the 2nd time around.
Yes, we were sweating and panting (if not more than before).
What did I tell you? God has a huge sense of humour. =3
(With all due respect, I meant that as a joke. In case you didn't get it.)

Finally, we rehearsed our finale (no pun intended, lol) and by the time everything was over, it was close to 11pm.
Wow, now where did the time go? *sarcasm*sarcasm* Lol.

I was so hungry that dinner (grandma's roasted honey chicken) tasted exceptionally good.
Of course, not that it wasn't before. Just.. Extra good. xD
After dinner, I was stuffed.
And I practically hibernated on the downstairs couch for a little over half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment